Few topics in grammar and usage inspires as much dread and confusion as lay vs. lie. This post will allay your fears.
Need even more examples? Here you go:
- When I get home, I’m going to lie in the hammock and relax.
- In which room should I lay the new rug?
- Yesterday, my dog lay on my lap and took a long nap.
- Jim has lain on the sofa since noon.
- Every night, Finn lies on his bed and sleeps inside his sleeping bag.
NEVER trust an adult who won’t apologize to a child
Wow. I’d never seen it put that way, but. Wow. That is a really good piece of advice.
I bought my friend an elephant for their room.
They said “Thank you.”
I said “Don’t mention it.”
Is there a joke here that 15 thousand people get but I don’t?Yup